SCE/SoCalGas Program Updates
Throughout 2017, Participating Contractors have made the Program highly successful through strong participation, successful learning events such as our technical and home performance training courses, and strong engagement with Account Management teams. As the year is coming to an end, Participating Contractors should prepare for the continuation of the Program in 2018. Continue engaging with customers by staying aware of other incentive programs offered by SCE, SoCalGas and local municipalities. Don't forget to attend upcoming Program events. Below are a few key points that will help you stay active:
- For 2018, incentive funds will resume on January 2. In order to qualify for incentives in 2018, energy efficiency measures must be purchased and completely installed by a Participating Contractor between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018. No exceptions.
- Account Managers will reach out to all Participating Contractors in December to ensure that all necessary paperwork for 2018 is properly completed for the Program.
- The Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalREN) Program, which covers the SCE/SoCalGas territory in Los Angeles County, will continue to offer incentives for Home Upgrade path projects until the end of the year. More information can be found at tenres.com.
- SCE and SoCalGas offer standalone rebates for various measures. Check the SCE website and the SoCalGas website for more information.
Reminder: Important Post-Retrofit Submission Deadline
In order to receive an incentive in 2017, all projects reserved by September 30, 2017 must be post-retrofit submitted, with all required documentation, by November 15, 2017 6 p.m. PST. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Reminder: Home Performance Coalition (HPC) Conference & Trade Show Coming in November
The 2017 HPC Conference is coming in November to Long Beach at the Hilton! Click here to register and become a part of the home performance and weatherization conversation as we work together to strengthen the industry through education, networking and new ideas. Grow your business and enhance your career in California.
The Program is giving away one free ticket each to two lucky Participating Contractors! October 6 is the last day to enter for a chance to win a free ticket to the HPC Conference. Enter the drawing by taking the survey. Two winners will be announced on October 9!
Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Program
If you have customers who are hesitant about moving forward with a project due to cost concerns, then energy efficiency financing may offer an ideal solution. The California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing (CHEEF) offers the Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Program. REEL aims to provide attractive financing options in order to help residential customers complete more energy efficiency home improvement projects.
You can help customers complete whole house retrofits even without rebate dollars. Use the REEL program to help your customer's secure affordable financing:
- Up to $50,000 in unsecured financing - no liens.
- Rates from 5.99% to 9.95% statewide.
- Customers can extend payments over 15 years.
- No origination or closing fees.
Over $1MM of energy efficiency projects have already been completed through the REEL program.
For more information:
- Customers can view loan product options and apply here.
- Contractors can find more information here.